First of all, I would like to wish Happy Chinese New Year to all my Chinese friends. May this year brings prosper, joy & happiness.
Today's ad hoc & unplanned baking project is Bread Butter Pudding with Vanilla Sauce. Nak dijadikan citer, while browsing through my FB, I saw a friend bake this dessert. Tetiba jer mata trus tgk kat roti Gardenia yang dah berzaman ada atas meja makan. Ting! Kepala keluar lampu. Ala2 keluar idea bernas gitewww..hehehe. So, apa lagi. Pergi dapur amik segala ingredients and tun tang tun tang...siaplah Bread Butter Pudding yang dimaksudkan. Sangat easy peasy schmeezy okay! Even you guys also can try. As a first timer tu rasa macam satu accomplishment because the Bread Butter Pudding kita jadik... Lagi kembang kuncup lobang hidung yang tak berapa mancung ni bile Encik Hubs cakap sedap gilsss... Asyik punggah jer sambil main PS3... *bliss*
So here goes the recipe :
10 pieces of Gardenia White Bread (nak lagi sedap pakai Butterscotch flavour bread)
1 cup castor sugar
2 cups milk
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter (melted)
Raisins (I used dried apricot instead sbb Raisin xde)
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven at 175 degrees Celcius.
2. Cut the bread (in cubes or just carik-carik) together with raisins (or any other fruits) and place in a baking dish.
3. In an electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the eggs and sugar on high speed until thick and lemon colored (about 4-5 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Then beat in the melted and cooled butter, milk and whipping cream.
4. Carefully pour (or ladle) the prepared custard mix over the bread cubes until completely covered. Press down the bread cubes so they are covered with the custard.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes.
6. For the vanilla sauce, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Whisk on a medium heat until it is thickened.
Voila!!! A fabulous treat for the stomach :) Happy baking!
Till the next post...Toodles!!